- → June 2021: Our work on learning methods for ancient Greek letter transcription was accepted to eScience 2021!
- → June 2021: Invited Speaker @ THAI 2021.
- → Apr 2021: Joined the HCOMP 2021 PC.
- → Mar 2021: ICWSM2021 poster on /r/AITA accepted!
- → Feb 2021: Joined the UIST 2021 PC.
I'm an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville where I co-direct the People, Agents, Interactions, and Systems (PAIRS) research group.
My research explores the role that intelligent and interactive systems play in the future of work as tools for improving both productivity and well-being for individuals and teams. My work frequently intersects human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive science, and workplace studies.
Before joining UTK, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the the University of California, Irvine's Informatics Department. I earned my PhD from the University of Waterloo where I was advised by Edith Law and Edward Lank.
If you're interested in doing undergraduate or graduate human-computer interaction research at UTK, email me.